Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Mass Effect Effect

I am a video game junkie. Like a good book, I can get sucked into a game and obsessly play it over and over again. I avoid RPG's for this reason. A good RPG is story driven, with the player making decisions that effect the story.

Mass Effect is one of those games. The main story is fabulous and the interaction between charactors is well done (with many different ways for the relationships to unfold). Playing as a male or a female changes these interactions. Changing the "background" of the main charactor changes them too. Apart from the crappy driving sequences, this game borders on being the best I've played (and apologies to Matt who suggested I try the game when it came out and I said "oh, I don't really like RPG's". Matt, who is not a game player, was right).

Mass Effect 2 comes out later this month, and I can import my games saves to continue playing the same charactor into it. Good thing I didn't set up a lot of goals for 2010... I still have 4 other games sitting here still in plastic wrap from Christmas.

Meanwhile... I can still knit during the elevator scenes.


Matt's Baueresque Half Zip knock off is to the armholes. I'll cast on the first sleeve today. I have to say that I'm really happy with the color combo (thank you Eddie Bauer!). I've been very happy with the results I getting with the Elann Highland Wool (I used this for Matt's Aspinwall... which he loves).

This cold spell makes for good nesting, and I'm taking advantage of it. Fire, football and knitting today. Left over stew (always better) for dinner. Stay Warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.