Friday, December 04, 2009

Too Early for Year in Review?

eh, probably... but lots to go over this year (and I still have two projects to finish this year!).

I like to set goals for every year and this year I decided to try to finish more projects than the year before. I set the goal of 24 finished projects. That's two a month, which is a lot. I wanted to focus on sweaters and WIP's (which is one of the reasons I set the goal so high... I figured I would finish some older projects rather than starting a bunch of new).

Let's see how I did...

What I like to do with my year in review is to take each project, look at what I said about it when it was done, then give an update on how I feel about it after some time has passed (as that does change... and some times drastically). I'll include a photo of the project, plus a link to the blog post that gives the project stats.

First up...

The Penny Ribbi

Penny Ribbi

hmmmm... never did get a good photo of this one.

Quick summery: based on a half zip pullover I saw in a JC Penny flyer. Decided to not do the half zip, I loved the colors.

Initial impression: I was very happy with it. Loved the colors, loved the fit.

Current impression: a very favorite sweater. I do wish I had done the half zip, but the style and fit are wonderful. I wear this sweater a lot (and Matt loves it too... so that I now have yarn to make him one based on a half zip we saw in an other flyer. Stay tuned for that one!)

Final thoughts: a true winner. fun to knit, great to wear.


Next up:

Cassidy

Cassidy


Quick summery: a wonderful hooded cardigan by Chicknits (you'll see that a lot in this year's reveiw. I used a lot of Bonne Marie's patterns... and for good reason).

Initial impression: loved the fit, the color, the style. YUM

Current impression: love the fit, the color and the style. YUM! Yes, this was a true winner. I also wear this one a lot. Not much more to say except that I will make this again in totally different yarn.

Final thoughts: I. Love. This. Sweater.

So the year started out with a bang! Two fabulous sweaters that I am loving and wearing... think that will last?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.