Friday, November 06, 2009

Color... or not.

I have a love/hate relationship with photography. There are days that I can get a photo I'm happy with with no effort... then there are days like today.

Sometimes it frustrates me to the point that it might be a good idea to hide any heavy objects that are good for smashing (ya know.. like baseball bats or whatever). Today is one of those days... combined with projects that. just. do. not. photograph.

My Fylingdales is lovely. The color is sooo yummy. It's a rich royal (according to Matt) purple. It's called Wild Grape and it's somewhere between purple and burgundy. It is a killer to photograph. I've played with settings on my camera. I've played with Photoshop. I can not get anything even remotely close to the actual color. I'm moving fairly quickly on it, as I can't wait to be able to wear it! The color, the style... the warmth!


Of course the other project I'm working on is a similar color... with a similar problem. Seems that I've moved from green cardigans to burgundies/reds/dark plums:


Ya, again... the photo does not do the yarn any justice! The pattern in one of the new Knitting Pure & Simple's patterns. It's the Bulky Asymetrical Cardigan. I'm using Knitpicks City Tweed HW. The yarn is a little lightweight for the pattern (pattern is written for a bulky/chunky weight yarn and the City Tweed HW is a true aran weight). However, my swatch (and yes I did a "real" swatch), bloomed so beautifully at this gauge. I'm not a fan of bulky sweaters, so this is perfect: light, airy with a nice drape. Yet it's still knit at a large gauge, so it's going very quickly.

The last project with a krappy photo today is my Sampler Panel Afghan.


This started following a pattern (I think it's called Textured Panel Afghan... an old Annie's Attic pattern I got off of Ebay). However, I decided instead of repeating the 6 different patterns over and over, I would try to do a different textured pattern. This has worked well so far, but I'm starting to run out of appropriate stitch patterns (as I want them fairly dense... no lacey patterns). This is a project I started a while back, and put aside. I'm now working on it as my breakfast project and I'm back into the groove with it.

Meanwhile, I completed the first run of Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time. One of the best in the series (yet is seemed really short... but then I've been playing two RPG's back to back... and RPG's are total time sucks). Now I just need to get all the skill points and trophies. However, the good news: my Xbox 360 is back home safe and sound and repaired. Kudos to Microsoft's repair process. They made it as easy and stress free as possible. While I was not happy to get the Red Ring of Death, they certainly know how to handle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.