Friday, November 27, 2009

Bulky Asymetrical Cardi


This cardigan has been a blessing. Mindless stockinette with some seed stitch... and at a bulky gauge. Just what I needed right now. So much so that I was able to get both sleeves and the neckband done yesterday (and yes, I even made Matt and me a traditional Thanksgiving dinner). Let's do some project stats, eh?

Project Stats:

Pattern: Knitting Pure & Simple Bulky Asymetrical Cardi

Yarn: Knitpick's City Tweed HW in Blue Blood (uh, yum)

Problems with the pattern: none that I can remember. I like the KP&S patterns. They are pretty basic and straight forward. I also like that the waist shaping is done by measurement rather than row count (so I can apply it to other patterns... heehee). If I were to do it over, I would make smaller buttonholes.

Changes to the pattern: none. As written, with the excpetion that I used a heavy aran weight yarn rather than a bulky weight yarn. So my fabric is very drapey and loose (which is what I wanted). The yarn is a wool/alpaca blend (did I mention yum?) and it bloomed so beautifully when it blocked.

Overall impressions: well, it is still blocking, but pre-blocking fit seemed to be good. I love the yarn and the off center closing. I wanted a comfy, light, yet warm cardigan for around the house that looked good enough to pop out to the grocery store. I think it's a winner.

I also want to thank everyone for their kind words on the passing of Jake. Jake was such a wonderful companion. We're still adjusting to daily life without him and we know that it will take awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking sweater. I like the color, too... but it's not green!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.