Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's a Block Party With Patrick!


aaahhhhh... soon it shall all be over!

I most certainly have a love/hate relationship with Patrick. I realize that it's mostly a superficial love. All based on his charming good looks. Those cables just sets this girl's heart all aflutter.

However, as you dig deeper into Patrick you discover that he's kinda dumb. Well, at least his pattern is. This is the worst written pattern I have ever used. However, I have been so swayed by Patrick's good looks that I was willing to give him an other try... but I pretty much ignored the pattern.

It was worth it. This Patrick is much improved over the Original Patrick. No leg of mutton sleeve (19" sleeves for the 40" chest... oh and the 52" chest? also 19"). The sleeves... omg, I don't even know where to start. For the smallest size, there are 2 increases Every right side row 13 times! Anyone who has made a shawl knows that's a good way to get 90 degrees (or is that 45 degrees. Hmmm, maybe I should've paid more attention in math class). However, not a good way to increase sleeves.

We'll see how this (hopefully) improved Patrick fits Matt. If it works well, I'll give some specific details on what I changed (tho' I will admit: I Do Not Recommend This Pattern... you may as well just write your own). Hmmmm... I must be feelin' pretty snarky today, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.