Friday, July 10, 2009

New Threads...

yep, did a little house cleaning here at the blog... so that my blog matches my main webpage a bit better. I'm debating if I want to go back to FTP so that I can use the same template as my website... but then I remember how breakable that was...

It feels good to get rid of my own coded pages (which were crap) and use a pro template (less breakage and cleaner design... I am NOT a web designer or coder). However, I'm finding the template is a little too clean. There's not a lot of options. It's a true what you see is what you get. I can't seem to add my code any where to the template (including the side bar menus)... so it's a two step click to get to my blog. I don't see how I can change that... but I'm going with my own personal ease of site management to user ease (sorry)...'cause I've got knitting to do!

Speaking of such... Matt's Cotton Samper second sleeve was finished up yesterday. I'm still waiting for it to dry. I ended up adding an extra inch to the neck opening depth (which means I also had to add an inch to the back). The yarn does shrink up... just in a cold water bath and a quick spin in the washer. I might do a little swatch and see if it shrinks any extra in the dryer... as it's taking FOREVER to dry.

So while I'm waiting impatiently for it to dry... I did cast on a wool project yesterday:


Dacapo by Hanne Falkenberg (click on the photo to go to the place where I bought my kit and stole the photo). I love it. I love the colors and the complete cleverness of the design. Then I showed it to Matt and got the "eh, looks like a design that only other knitters would appreciate". I think he doesn't like garter stitch (as he wasn't that impressed with the Cobblestone pullover either. Hmmm. I married a knitting snob. Hrumph).

Well... I think I've spent enough time on the 'puter today... even tho' I still have lots of work to do on my site. I need some knitting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.