Thursday, April 30, 2009

Summer Sambuca Done!


Finally dry enough to finish up! I tried the metal clasp, but didn't like the way it looked with the lace, so ended up with just some pretty little pearl buttons down the front.


I'm thrilled, I must say. The project went quickly (3 days total, including drying time on the blocking!). It's a light and airy summer cardigan perfect over a tank top. Let's do some project stats!

Pattern: Sambuca Jacket by Doris Chan (from her book Amazing Crochet Lace)

Yarn: Aunt Lydia's Double Strand (Ocean/Aqua color... of course)

Changes to the pattern: Short sleeves. No border on the sleeves or the bottom. Used one row of single crochet followed by one row of crab stitch (reverse single crochet) for the fronts/neckband. Lenthened the body by a few repeats. Used a much lighter weight yarn, compensated by going up a size.

Problems with the pattern: The pattern is very very wordy, but since this was my second time thru, I "got" it a bit better this time (still have the same mistake in the same spot... stupid turns in crochet can still throw me off).

Overall impressions: what can I say? This is EXACTLY what I wanted. It's light, and airy. I'm happy with the fit. It's a favorite color. Certainly can't argue on how quickly it worked up.

Bring on summer!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on the Sambucca! Just the hint of knitting on the Nashua pattern made me order the pattern from WEBS, and now that I see the entire sweater I'm dancing and waiting for that book to come! Love it! So much for WEBS restraint :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love it. Fit and color are perfect.

    If you get tired of it.... I'd be glad to give it a home.

    LisaK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Cindy. Wish I could do stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is on Pinterest with a dead-end link. It took some searching, but I found you! I'm leaving this link so everyone can come on over & admire your work in person :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.