Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Since I love knitting sleeves so much


So I'm short. I have short arms. I know this, and I try to adjust for this... but sometimes I don't adjust enough.

The sleeves for Cassidy are going to be too long. Waaaaaaaay too long. I shortened them about 1-1/2" from the pattern. I'm on the last few sleeve cap decreases (only 8 more rows to knit) and the realization that these sleeves will cover my knuckles has hit.

Just to do a little comparison, I looked at my Cindy Must Knit This Cardigan (which you can see peaking in at the top of the photo... man, I can't wait to wear it! That's the problem of finishing a wool sweater while it's summer!). Now the sleeves on the Must Knit are way too long for me (I only shortened them about an inch, not realizing that the picture on the model showed her with too long sleeves... so I should've known to shorten them more). The sleeves for Cassidy are going to be longer than those.

I really have issues with set in sleeves and my measurements. Logically I know how/where to measure, but I usually just assume a certain number for shortening. Basically I don't believe my numbers. I just seems wrong to have to shorten sleeves 4". (I have the same issue when I do short row bust darts... there's no way that number can be right!)

So before I go any farther, I'm ripping back the sleeve cap shaping and going to rip back about 2 more inches. Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.