Friday, August 29, 2008

Pattern Planning

I'm actually not knitting that much right now. Things seem off schedule for us and I'm feeling a little unfocused on pretty much everything.

So I'm planning projects, buying yarn and not getting much done.

As I'm browsing thru Ravelry, the Cobblestone Pullover keeps coming up. So I show it Matt, thinking that it seems to be a popular "guy" sweater. Quite frankly, it never really "spoke" to me, but I thought Matt would like it in his favorite Kathmandu Aran yarn.

He took one look at it and said... "eh, not very interesting". How can I not love a man like that!

Of course, he then asks about a fair isle kit I bought 3 years ago at Maryland Sheep and Wool (this from a man who misplaces watches, glasses, phones, wallets, security ID, etc on a weekly basis... but can remember something I bought three years ago). Ya, remember this:


So I promised I would start on it as soon as I finished Patrick (which is still in it's time out for bad pattern directions).

I admit that while I love the look of fair isle, it's not my favorite thing to knit. I never get into a rhythm with it (it's high concentration to constantly follow a chart... I like cabled patterns that are memorizable). The other thing I'm concerned about is the smallest size is 44", which is bigger than he likes his sweaters. I might just go down a needle size to get a slightly smaller size. Now just to finish... something... anything....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.