Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Laundry Mistake

I am a creature of habit, as most of us are. I do my laundry in a specific order, lightest load to darkest load. However, the last time I did laundry, I needed socks and my black sweatpants done first. So I did my white load immediately followed by my darkest load. I do whites in hot water, and the rest of my laundry in cold. Somehow, I forgot to change the water temperture for the dark load.

So I shrunk my sweatpants (that I needed), a brand new hand silk screened tee shirt that I got Matt for Christmas... and my Ribby Cardi. I'm the most upset over the tee shirt. I loved it and it was a "form fitting" tee shirt to begin with.

The Ribby isn't terrible. The sleeves are now way too short for Matt, and it's a little more cropped on me than I had planned. The biggest issue is the zipper. As it didn't shrink. I should be able to fix it. Just need to take it out and reinstall it. Ugh. I wouldn't mind making it again (and I do have some more planned), but I loved the tweed yarn I used and it's discontinued (tho' again, I have more of it in a different color combo).




Okay, while we're still talking about Chicknits patterns, I had a couple of good questions in my comments about it yesterday.

Deb: oh don't you think I won't be making more! The pattern is a simple knit, the styling is classic and different yarns make it look so different.

Fleecyknits asked about how the Eyelet Cardi is different than the Sitcom Chic. Good question! First, the Eyelet Cardi is a dk weight sweater, while the Sitcom Chic is an aran weight. The Eyelet Cardi is top down construction (which I love) while the Sitcom Chic is bottom up. The Sitcom Chic size range goes to a 46", the Eyelet Cardi goes to a 54". The gauge difference was enough for me to buy the pattern. The lighter weight is very appealing, especially for this style of cardigan. Bonne Marie also mentions that the Eyelet Cardi is more refined. She's had some time to improve the directions and the fit.

Carey asked me about my increase preference. Well, for this style of shaping, I use a M1R/M1L. I used the same increase for my Beatrice rather than the k1fb that the pattern calls for. I like the way it lays and gives a nice angle to the raglan shaping.

So I'm planning on working on Beatrice today (4 skeins left and she's done!) and I'll work a bit on the Eyelet Cardi. I'll try not to cast on a replacement Ribby. For Matt.. ya, that's it. For Matt. Doesn't count as a new project. Matt's projects never do. Right?

(edit: added photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.