Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Big Swatch

So I thought I would have a finished sweater to post about today, but it seems that it needs a bit of tweaking.

This sweater was just one of those things that I wanted to play with and I ended up with a full sweater.

My idea was to reverse the Knitting With Tears Cardigan by doing a raglan shaped pullover with a solid st. st. body and broken rib sleeves.

I used Ann Budd's recipe from her The Knitter's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweaters, but I tried to adjust a bit for Matt's anatomy (and I got half of it right).

I added a set of short rows to the back to adjust for his wide shoulders and I did some decreases in the body to adjust to his 7" chest to waist drop.

I could've made the sleeves wider for his biceps and he doesn't like how high the neckband sits (feels like it's choking).

Overall, I'm fairly happy with it, and I still haven't blocked it (the drawback of seamless sweaters for me. When I have to seam, I always block before I sew them up... ). I think the blocking will help a bit with the sleeves, but I think the neckband will just get ripped off and I'll do a simple rolled neck.

While I should be working on some of my lighter weight projects, this was actually such a fast and easy knit that I couldn't put it down. Need to get back to my Ravensong for Summer (not only a project for summer, but a project for ME!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.