Friday, January 17, 2014

A Fix It Friday Update

Just a quick update on the Suzy Too! hoodie. First let me say that I hate sewing crochet projects. I have no issue with knitted pieces, but I really really hate seaming up crochet.

However, the sleeves are sewn back in after I fixed the too large sleeve cap. The side seams are done as well.

All that needs to be done is the reverse sc around and a zipper.

The initial intention of this project was to make up a quick, easy, cheap project for around the house.

It is none of those things. I started this back in the summer of '12. I wanted to use up some acrylic stashed yarn, but I ended up having to track down more to finish it. The crocheting was fairly quick (apart from my complete lack of pattern reading skills. I had the same issues with the pattern I did the first time I made it), but I hit a lot of road blocks on the shaping as well as the finishing.

All I can say is that it is easy care. It will be nice to wear around the house. However, I gotta remember to stick to afghans when I crochet. I could've had a knitted sweater done by now!

1 comment:

  1. It looks really nice! I typically stick to afghans when I crochet, too, for the reasons you gave. I also find that most crocheted sweaters aren't my style. However, I am impressed by yours. It is very classy and stylish. It looks like it was worth all you effort.

    As for crocheting afghans, I have recently gotten back I to doing so after a very long hiatus and am really enjoying making one called Granny Stipes (on Ravelry). It is great for using up extra yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.