Friday, March 29, 2013

A Crisis of Faith

I have to admit while I have been knitting very consistently, nothing is getting done. I've been working on many many different projects without really focusing on any one in particular.

Today I decided I needed to do a little organization, put away some projects that I'm not working on and maybe abandon ones that aren't working.

I realized that I have a lot of projects that aren't working.

A depressing amount.

Almost every single one is for me.

Either there are sizing issues. Or fitting issues. Or I just don't like them. Or there is a huge mistake that needs to be fixed.

(and now we know why Matt gets more finished projects.)

I'm realistic enough to know part of the problem is that I don't really like the way anything fits me right now (it's not like I'm buying clothes either). I also wonder if I'm lazier with my own projects that I am with Matt's so I make fewer mistakes? I do know he's easier to fit. He also might be easier to please...


No matter how I look at it, I'm now in a knitting funk questioning why I have all these projects going (and it might be why I don't care if anything gets finished. Chances are I'm going to be disappointed anyway).

Ed note: this is why nothing has been blogged for a while... notice the lack of the Cables & Eyelet Cardi that was blocking in my last post? Ya, it has some serious shaping issues so it's not done.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    Just popped over to see how you are doing. So sorry to hear you are in a funk! You are the most amazing knitter I know. Wish I could say something that would help but all I can think of are "Why are we so hard on ourselves?" and "You of all people shouldn't be!" Take care! Tori

    P.S. Love the google authentication for comments. Looks like the lifted the numbers off of their google map images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, at least I know other knitters have problems when the item is all done. I have a lace sweater that is nearing completion and I get slower and slower as I get closer to the end because I think it is going to be too small.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.