Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Cable-ishious!

During my blogging vacation, there were a lot of projects started. There were a lot of projects frogged. There were a lot of projects that were worked on, got boring, then got put away. However, I'm still completely obsessed with A Fine Fleece.

I had started Portland for Matt a little while ago, but I knew it was off. My gauge was too tight and I was making the smallest size. The yarn is a little bulky for that slim of a fit, so I frogged, went up a needle and finished size. It then proceded to fly off the needles.

Portland (A Fine Fleece) in Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran
The front and back is done and the first sleeve is well under way. The yarn is incredible (Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran, sadly discontinued). I'm not working on it as consistently as I have been (not a fan of knitting sleeves. Projects always seem to slow down when I get to the sleeves), it is progressing. I left the front and back stitches live and plan on doing a perpendicular join for the saddles.

I have 3 other projects from A Fine Fleece in rotation right now. (Rhinebeck, Ancient Oak, and Amanda). Plus I'm crocheting a huge Babette. So more project and more photos to come!!!

2 comments:

  1. Linda (Aranknitwit)12:39 PM

    Love it, Cindy! So many yummy yummy cables. Looks like Matt's sweater could be done for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:07 AM

    I can always count on you for some fabulous cables!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.