Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Aspinwall Final Stretch


The knitting is complete for Matt's Aspinwall Revisited. I'm blocking the neck opening in preparation of the zipper installation. Then I'll do a final blocking. I like doing it separately so the neck opening doesn't stretch out.

After some debate and consultation, it's been decided that a black zipper would look sharp. Plus easy to find. As a matter of fact, I sort of expected to have one in my sewing stash. I do have two 9" black zippers actually. Both are invisible zippers (as that's my preference in skirts).

The neck opening should be dry and ready in a day or two, so that give me time to get to the sewing store (assuming they even have a 9" black zipper in stock. I don't have good luck with our local Joann's and zippers. Usually end up mail ordering them).

Meanwhile, two other cardigans are complete (meaning I finally got buttons on them):

Harriet (still not a color accurate photo. That's not gonna happen):

Hey Addiction:

Meanwhile, I now have empty size 6 and size 7 needles. Since that's against my knitting rules, I need to find something to cast on, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.