Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Hey Addiction!


Yep, that's my 4th Hey Teach. I love this pattern, and I blame my friend Julie. When she mentioned that she planned on knitting it, I was already playing around with an other one in my head (I was wearing my Hey Cara Mia at the time... and while I love the long sleeves, it was really warm. Decided that an other "cooler" one would be handy).

My first one is fab, but it's a wee bit short and not the best color for me (still wear it a lot). The second was knit for my friend Theresa. The third (the Hey Cara Mia) is the one I wear the most, and I wanted to carry over the mods from that.

So just like the previous versions, it's a fast knit. I joined the left front onto the back and did a quick body check. The ribbing is a bit high for my full bust, so I'm going to frog down to the armhole shaping and add an other repeat (or maybe just a half repeat).

The yarn is Classic Elite's Classic Silk. In Cobalt. I had ordered Blue Yonder and they sent this by mistake. One of those happy accidents, as I loooooove the color. It's more of a periwinkle than a cobalt (I now do own the Blue Yonder for an other project, and it's much more "teal" blue. Lovely too, but the cobalt is more of the color I had in mind for this project).

Of course my intentions were to make it like the Hey Cara Mia with longish sleeves and a longer skirt. However: I suck at math. Big time, as I didn't order enough yarn. I don't think I have enough yarn to do the long sleeves, especially with the lengthened body.

So more frogging. Sigh. I'm tired of ripping back! Granted the lace section goes really fast and I loooove knitting with this yarn (not kidding... I'm addicted to this yarn!). At least it's a good project for this hot weather (the wool alpaca sweater: not so much).

Meanwhile... I'm already thinking a 5th Hey Teach might be in the plans (I have some Tatamy Tweed Worsted in Cherry in stash!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.