Tuesday, November 09, 2010


Ya, those are some pretty wonky looking polar bears. Let's hope they enjoy a nice steam bath.

So Matt's polar chullo is moving along. Slowly. Awkwardly. He thinks I just need more practice (and I think he's compiling a list of projects for me to practice on).

StephCat left me a great suggestion on the earflaps on my last post. She suggested I knit them in the round, thus making a two sided (and much warmer) earflap. Brilliant. I had thought of steeking the earflaps, but doing them in the round makes total sense and I'm going to give it a try.

I will confess that I don't think I'm ever going to embrace fair isle. I love how it looks, don't get me wrong. I have sooo much respect for those that do it flawlessly. I just feel so incredibly awkward doing it, plus it's not good for cutscene knitting (you can't just pick up and knit. There's that whole chart reading thing).

However, I will keep plugging along and do the occassional project for Matt (yes, I do have the Salt Lake City Olympic sweater to re-do. Uh, who started a 48" sweater for Matt again????. edit: I tried to find a link to the sweater and seems that the 2002 Olympics were soooo long ago that this pattern is gone. Best I can do is my first dog hair encrusted attempt, which is here).

So I'll finish the current chart section on the Polar Chullo before I start playing Fallout: New Vegas.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:23 PM

    Ha!!!! I have the Salt Lake City sweater half finished too!!! I did the Vancouver one for my hubby this year, but it was almost like cheating because the colorwork was so simple.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.