Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Disaster Zone

After several years of procrastination, I've spent about 2 hours in my sewing room this morning doing a little purging.

It's bad. Really bad. The room has many issues, not the least of which is that it's basically an attic space. This has several drawbacks: first it's got temperature issues (it gets HOT! especially with my steam iron on). It's also tucked away from regular house activity... with lots of soft cozy fabric for the mice to find. Ugh. It's also the "don't know where to put it" room.

Since my energy levels have improved a bit, I've been meaning to tackle it. However, every time I would walk into the room, I would get overwhelmed and turn around and go play Mass Effect 2 (or Dragon Age, depending on my current obsession).

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), my hand has been forced. We have to replace our shingles on the roof, and we always planned on adding some dormers to the room when we did.

While adding dormers and changing the roof angle will give me a much more usable space, I now HAVE to clean out that room, as we have a contractor coming today for our first quote. Eventually, I'll have to take everything out of that room (eeeeks!), but it's a great way to purge an overwhelming stash of stuff (do I really still need to keep the oil paints from college? I mean really? when was the last time I painted?)

Well, I guess I should head back to tackle some more. Enough procrastination, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.