Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Bagging Crochet

I have a couple of projects that I'm trying to finish up, including 2 crochet bags that are semi-close to being done.

This is the Sunny Shoulder Bag from the march/april '09 issue of Crochet Today! (love that they use an explaination mark! Such enthusiasm!)


The original bag uses a two row color change. Hmmm... that sounded like a lot of ends! So I used some Sugar n Cream Stripes. The drawback? Seems Lily didn't bother making coordinating colors for with their stripes. I couldn't find any of the colors used in the stripes as a solid. I didn't want to use the stripes for the fill in hexagons (which aren't really hexagons since they lack the proper number of sides, eh?) Anyway, I originally planned on just using white, but after all the hexagons were done, I found the white to be way too stark of a contrast. Tried a denim and a dusty green. Nope. So I do have a cream (or is it ecru?). A few more ends to weave in, then I'll start filling in.

Meanwhile, I'm also trying to sew up an older crochet back that been around for while. I'm hoping to have it done in a day or two. A girl simply can't have too many tote bags (plus no short row bust darts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.