Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goodbye and Hello

Well, the projects review is done. As I said yesterday, I think it was a mostly productive year. I still think I can reach my 24 in 2009 goal (as I procrastinate on my Dymphna Pullover by updating my blog). However, I know that I won't be setting a volume goal for 2010.

The biggest problem that I ran into this year was that it confined me project-wise. I made decisions based on how quickly I could get something done. That's not really my style of knitting. There are several things I really wanted to work on that I just didn't want to put the time in.

Those are the projects I want to focus on this coming year. I want ability challenges for 2010. A new technique or a complex project. Things in my queue that I've been avoiding because they're high concentration.

I have already promised Matt his fair isle sweater. I bought the kit back in 2006. I find fair isle to be very high concentration, and it's not my favorite to knit. That makes it perfect for what I want to accomplish in 2010. I also want to get one of my higher concentration cabled sweaters done. Either St. Brigid or Marilyn.

However the number one goal for 2010 is to tackle the sewing/craft room. The current state of my sewing room could easily make an appearance on Hoarders. It was always "messy", but it has become a dumping ground. I need to do some serious purging and organization. It's going to be a lot of work and quite frankly, it's very overwhelming.

So let's do the specifics (so I can look back this time next year).

    1. Clean and organize sewing room
    2. Bayberry
    3. St. Brigid or Marilyn
    4. Fix/repair the 4 projects that have minor issues
      a: Summer Braids
      b: Mondo Cable Cardi
      c: Asymetrical Cardi
      d: Kool Kardi (sadly, this just needs buttons!)

It's not an overwhelming set of goals, but each is very challenging for me. First tho', I gotta get project #24 done by midnight tomorrow! (I make no promises that it will be blocked this year).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.