Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wide Load


I had thought I would have the Casual Delights afghan done yesterday... but after laying it out, and seeing how much yarn I have, both Matt and I think it could use an other repeat. It's about 44" wide right now, so an other repeat will make it nice and cozy. I can not wait to snuggle under it.

However... my arms are killing me! I thought it was from the cleaning on Saturday (as I hade to move around furniture to get to some things), but I realized the reason I feel like I've been doing biceps curls non stop for a couple of days straight is that well, I am. Lifting and turning the afghan at the end of each row is a lot of work! Who needs weights... just a lot of yarn and a crochet hook!

So hopefully it will be done today. I have a couple of other afghans that are about half way done, and one will probably get back into rotation. This is the best time of year to work on them (as I'm not tired of winter projects yet, and the warmth of working on them right now is very cozy).

I still have 4 more projects to finish up this year (and socks are starting to sound tempting?)... but maybe Matt needs a new vest. In bulky yarn.

Update @ 4:47 pm: done! ends woven in! Love it! I'll do project stats tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.