Monday, October 26, 2009

The Non-Stitches Weekend

So Julie, Theresa and I did not go to Stitches East this year. Hartford is just far enough (and we didn't enjoy the last two in Baltimore enough) to justify going. So let's see how the weekend went.

I cleaned on Saturday (and I understand Satan bought a new winter parka). Okay, I didn't actually "mean" to clean, but I spilled a drink and so it started. My knitting nest was cleaned up. This included dusting off and organizing my music stand. Here's a photo of it in perfect knitting supply usage:

(ya, it's behind Matt against the wall... tho' I do think this photo pretty sums up the hierarchy in our house). It's the perfect circular needle holder. I can put notes and patterns on it. I loved my music stand.

Then it broke. Simply snapped at a weld point (I've had this music stand for many years now). I think the dust might have been keeping it together. Ha, shows me why you shouldn't clean.

Now I've got to come up with an other storage system for my circs (and btw, I only use circs... straight needles are for making stitch markers)... tho' there are some DPN's there.



So I was so glad when Sunday rolled around so Julie, Theresa and I could do our "mini Stitches". Meaning we had lunch at the Olive Garden (be sure to order the pumpkin cheesecake) then off to Stitches with Style. So much fun! I got some Ultra Alpaca and a few patterns. Perfect day!

Now I'm trying to finish up the Casual Delights afghan... which will be my 20th project this year. Only 4 more to go (hope to have photos tomorrow!)

(day 5 with no Xbox 360... and I don't think the UPS truck is going to stop by today).

1 comment:

  1. I plan to be at Stitches with Style on Nov 11th. Maybe you could join a few friends and myself.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.