Monday, September 21, 2009

The Weekend Update

click to enlarge

the body of Patrick the 2nd is done... just have the sleeves to go! Whoot!

I did a little more spinning, with some better results:

click to enlarge

I don't think spinning will ever dominate my crafting time, but I can see the appeal. I think part of my issue with it is what to do with the yarn. I knit sweaters. I've never been able to embrace sock knitting. Scarves and shawls are always an option. I enjoy knitting them... I just never wear them. I wear sweaters. Matt wears sweaters. That would be a lot of spinning (especially with a drop spindle). So it's an excuse for me to play with colors between knitting and playing video games.

Plus I cast on a new project (as per directed by Maria in my comments):

click to enlarge

That's the Rendezvous Jacket by GlennaC. After a considerable amount of time debating on yarn choice, I opted for some Kathmandu Aran in a lovely shade of green. (Ya, I know... shocking. Cindy decided to knit a green cardigan.) I thought about some Dream in Color in my stash... but after just finishing the Kool Kardi, I need a break from working with hand dyed yarns (sometimes ya just wanna knit with one ball at a time). I love this already. A favorite yarn, a great design. The pattern is simple, yet very much my style... cables/moss stitch. It does have subtle A line shaping... but after the sucess of the Mondo Cable Cardi, I feel more comfortable with the whole A line thing.

Gotta get lots done today... especially on Patrick the 2nd. Tomorrow is the release of Halo 3: ODST and I've pre-ordered it (by mail... so I probably won't get it til Friday). It will cut into my knitting time!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:52 AM

    Yay!!! I love being such a "good" influence. I'm assembling mine today. I hope I love it as much as I think I will. That's the scary part, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.