Monday, July 27, 2009

Now what?

Well, le Tour is over (and I totally enjoyed this years Tour) and I still have 140 granny squares to do (plus seaming and border). I fear that the production might slow down a bit.

Actually, I am surprised at how much I'm still plugging thru these blocks. I have had momentary lapses when I didn't feel like working on them, so I try to work on something else... then end up back on granny squares. (this does not include Fallout 3... at any time I can stop working on granny squares and play Fallout 3).

I know part of the appeal is the constant challenge of color combos. Plus how quickly a square works up (forget that it takes me as long to weave in the ends as it does to crochet a block). Plus the cute little piles of granny squares.

Yesterday, my center pull skeins started tangling a bit (I've used about half of each color skein... weighed to be sure I'll have enough and it looks like I will), so I wound all the colors into balls.


This has two advantages: no tangling or yarn vomits from the center pull skeins as well as I can get a good feel for what colors I'm over/under utilizing.

Okay... back to hookin' I want to try to have 2/3 of the squares done by end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.