Monday, June 29, 2009

Wool Withdrawl

I've been focusing on just two projects lately: Matt's Cotton Textured Pullover (still need to finish the first sleeve) and Melinda (still working on the right front). Between the pure cotton and the linen cotton blend... plus the recently finished cotton blend projects, I realized that I needed a fiber with some flexibility... just to mix it up a bit.

Introducing my Textured Shawl:


This pattern is more of a "guideline" from Ravelry and with US 10.5 needles, it's been going very quickly. I'm already on my last skein of yarn.

The yarn is an alpaca/wool blend that I picked up at MDS&W to make Matt gloves, but the high alpaca content didn't quite work for him. So it's going to be a lovely little simple (and snuggly) shawl. A nice instant gratification project that helps break up the summer projects a bit.

The yarn is very hairy with high tranference. It's very soft and drapey... I can't wait to see how it blocks! (with some luck, I'll have the knitting done today or tomorrow... but I'll need to find space for blocking. Living room being torn up cuts into my blocking space).

Then back to cottons and linens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.