Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Sunflower in Soft Sunshine

Wow, is the weather dreary. It's been raining for days. So what's a girl to do????

Cast on a new project, of course!


The pattern is the cover project from the Nashua booklet "Style: Lace and Eyelets", which is where Bee Balm comes from. I loved how the Spa was knitting up, so went and got some more.

This is a bit of an experiment for me, as you can see: the yarn is not green. or blueish green or aqua or mint. It is, in fact, yellow. Soft Sunshine, to be exact (how can I not knit a pattern name "Sunflower" in a yarn called "Soft Sunshine"?).

I don't normally wear yellow. Okay, I never wear yellow. However, this one just called out to me. The pattern has a deep scooped neck, so it shouldn't be too close to my face. Fingers crossed, I'll be able to wear it.

So we'll see. I wish the weather was a bit better, as the photo doesn't do this color justice at all.

Meanwhile, I've got to finish up Bee Balm (the back is just about done) so I can concentrate on Sunflower!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:50 PM

    Your choice of projects is spot-on. I may have to get that booklet --- I love both of the sweaters that you're working on. I try not to be a copy-cat, but I think I have to knit Bee Balm for myself. You're a bad influence!

    Linda from Cali (Aranknitwit)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.