Friday, May 15, 2009

Ah ya... blogging...

So between Fallout 3, Facebook and Ravelry, my poor blog is left to last for updating. I don't really want to neglect my blog. It is my main diary for my projects, and I like having the records of what I did on projects as they were happening... so let's see what I've been up to.

Well, Fallout 3, mainly (aaaah, downloadable content, how we love thee). That doesn't mean I'm not knitting.

Julie and I got together this week to get back to work on Babette.


All the squares had been completed, so it was time to start seaming:


We'll get together again this coming week to finish it up and it will be ready for the Relay for Life fundraiser.

This is an excellent two person project (even if I used a size G hook and I believe Julie used a size C... heehee, our squares came out to the same size). We simply split the number of squares in half, then mixed them all together, then split them between us again to seam up the sections. I have to say I was shocked at how we could not tell our squares apart (especially considering the differential in hook sizes!).

This pattern is quite brilliant. I'll do a full recap when I have a finished photo, but I have to say that I will absolutely make this again (to keep). I can't say how much I love the food coloring dyed yarn!

I'm still plugging away on Bee Balm, with just the right front to finish up. Fabulous pattern and I'm absolutely loving working with the Spa yarn. No new photo today, as I'm finding the yarn to be very hard to photograph (and it's kinda crappy out, so it's just too much work).

Of course I'm stalking more projects, patterns and yarns. I really do owe Matt a project, but I'm so digging knitting with Spa right now... and cute little summer cardigans, that I'm neglecting him. Eh, he'll get something in the fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.