Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why is this taking this long????


This is a cotton vest I've been making for Matt for a really long time. It's been in and out of rotation so many times I've lost count.

This should be a fast project, but it's a higher concentration project than it appears at first glance. Since it's a knit/purl combo, I have to pay attention on the right/wrong sides. Plus I have to pay very close attention when doing any shaping. Then I of course had to tweek the pattern for Matt ('cause I can't leave well enough alone). The styling is off the shoulders, which doesn't suit Matt's body type. So I brought the shoulders in a bit (hopefully not too much). I am now concerned that the narrow shoulders styling might be too tailored for the relaxed style of the vest (and the cotton yarn).

It is almost done, and I might go ahead and finish it as is. If it doesn't suit, I only have to fix the upper half and it would take a lot to fix. Or I could take it back out of rotation (again) and work on something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.