Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just a quick update

First let me say.... BRRRRRRRR(favortie curse word)RRRRRRRRR.

Jake's headed back to the vet's this morning. He's much more mobile, but he's barely eating. Things are a little stressful here so hopefully we'll get back to routine soon.

Meanwhile, I'm back to work on Cassidy. She's been in a time out for a while now (since I missed an entire cabled section on the right front and had to frog it down to the ribbing) and it's time to finish her up! Not much left: just this right front, seaming, hood, finishing. It's a fast knit (when I work on it), so I'm thinking she should be done by the end o' the month (and keeping me on schedule!)

Linda, thanks for the suggestion on the Noro scarf, but sadly it wouldn't count towards my goal (just like I didn't count the two Special Olympics scarves I made last year). My goal is to finish sweaters (or an other "big" project: afghans, shawls and groupings of small projects, like Matt's Winter Set, do count). I want to get some of these UFO's/WIP's done, so I'm concentrating on those first. A few new things will get added in, but one of the reasons I set such a high goal for myself this year was to clear out some of these UFO's! One down! 23 to go!!! (yikes, who set that goal again????).

Let's put it this way... even at 23 to go, I've got plenty of UFO's to chose from!!!

2 comments:

  1. One Pittsburgh channel is predicting Minus Six with more than Minus Ten windchill tomorrow. Other than keeping the driveway and walks passable for my DH the bus driver, I'm staying near my wool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:43 AM

    I hope Jake starts to eat + get better!

    If your 24-project goal only coutns sweaters, I (again) bow to your productivity. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.