Saturday, November 08, 2008

Yarn Smells... gooooooood!

Yesterday's trip to Stitches was perfect (apart from the highway robbery of parking in Baltimore... but I knew that). Julie and I arrived at Stitches right after 10. It wasn't as crowded this year as last (but I'm not so sure that's not my perception).

I hit Black Water Abbey first, as they ran out of the color of yarn I wanted last year. I got it and an other color... and a few more patterns (Marilyn always has the best cabled sweater patterns). After that Julie and I just meanandered around the rest of the show. She bought a few things, and I bought some Cottage Craft (ya, as usual, I come home with enough yarn for 3 projects. It's like some unwritten law). Then we left.

Just enough time was spent browsing... and we wanted lunch! Lovely lunch at Olive Garden, and we were full of yummy pasta, and yarny goodness.

I'm so glad I went, but I must say there were some things that freaked me out. A: too many vendors recognize me (and I'm not sure that's a good thing) and B: It amazed me how many beautiful samples I looked at and said.. "oh I have that pattern or I've started that sweater or I bought that kit, but haven't cast it on yet". YIKES!

So I'm as inspired as usual after going, which is why I do enjoy the knitting events like these. So enough chatting... I've got knitting to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.