Monday, November 17, 2008

AKA: The Junk Drawer

A bit of an odds & ends post today.

First, I want to catch up on comments. I hate that I can't email back to commentators, especially when they have specific questions.

To contessa who left a lovely comment about Matt's Gedifra 509 sweater (and the reason it doesn't show up right away is that I approve comments... as I get a lot of spam). I'm sorry I can't help you find the pattern (I actually had a friend track it down for me as I couldn't find it anywhere either). I'm not ready to sell mine yet, as I'm considering making it for me and there's an other beautiful sweater in it that I would like to make. I know how frustrating it is not being able to find a pattern that's no longer in print, so I'll send good vibes your way that you can track it down!

knitnsticks asked me about the Bartlett sport that I used for my Tangled Yoke. My Tangled Yoke is the first project I've finished with the sport weight. I finished a cardigan years ago in the aran weight (sadly no longer fits, as I was a wee bit heavier back in those days). I have to say that I much prefer the sportweight. It's coned, so it's a little "raw" when you knit it directly from the cone. I love how it washed up, and I love lightweightness of it. Plus the heathery tone is scrumptious. I have some solid red and a heathered purple in my stash that I'm now looking forward to doing something with...

Anyway, I'm going to try to be better about responding to questions in my comments (I do have good intentions... so if I missed a question, forgive me, just leave it again and I'll get to it!)

Okay, so my attention span on projects is all over the place again. This means one of two things: I need to go get a blood test or I'm procrastinating on finishing a project. Since my hair isn't falling out, I'm going to blame Patrick.

Ironically, Patrick has been progressing, but I don't think I'll have it done by the end of this week as I had hoped. The first sleeve is done, and I've started the second. To help motivate me, I went ahead and blocked the body. uh, YAY! the yarn is so much nicer after a quick soak and spin in the washer (it did take about 3 days to dry). It's still going to be a warm bulky sweater for Matt, but washing it helped relax the fabric a great deal. I'll get my 8 rows done today. I promise.

In the meantime, I needed a change of pace (and we won't discuss all the projects that I've cast on/played with over the weekend). Since I had so much yarn left over from my Special Olympics scarf, I did a quick crochet one last night:


Nothing fancy, just good ol' seed stitch (one of my faves). I still have a wee bit left over, but I'm not sure I'll get an other one done (or if I have enough).

Well, I guess I'm still procrastinating on Patrick by blogging. Maybe an other cup of coffee then I can get that baby underway!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:58 AM

    I LOVE that scarf!!! would look perfect in pink and white :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.