Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's a Keeper!

Gaelic Morning Mist
click to enlarge

This is one of my new swatches. The pattern is from A Fine Fleece... yes, yes, I know I wasn't going to cast on an other project from the book until the latest was completed... but hey, it's a swatch, remember? (and while October Frost is out of circulation, it will be added back in very soon).

I'm using Elann's Highland Donegal, which I love. I'm not usually a big fan of single ply yarn, but this one is just so lovely I couldn't resist (and my stash of it has increased... and I'm tempted to get more). The color is Morning Mist, so it's perfect for Gaelic Mist pattern (hence the name "Gaelic Morning Mist").

It's yet an other one of those "knit in one piece to the armholes" cardigans. I know most people really prefer this, but dang, I don't like casting on almost 300 sts! (luckily I've discovered that I prefer the crochet cast on... so much easier than the long tail for that many stitches!!!).

So I'm far enough that I know this is just what I had in mind. I love the color. A beautiful gray/green/blue. Very me. Very wearable (and I love the way the cables create waist shaping.

Okay, still need to finish up some things before the end of the year... but sometimes a girl just needs to... uh... swatch.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:26 PM

    From a distance via the photo it looks like the Bamboo yarn!
    Have you ever tried that, Cindy?

    I am considering making a cardigan(similar to The Minimalist Cardigan) out of silk bamboo.

    teresa_anawim

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.