Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Always have a back up plan

Semptember is a busy month for us. Matt's racing season is coming to a close with only 2 more races left. We have a wedding to attend (the night before the last race of the season... and since it's a fellow cyclist, there's some concern about an open bar and a 10:30 Sunday morning start time. Should be fun). We're also going on vacation this month.

So a wedding means dress up clothes. Ugh. Not something I have. I don't like shopping for clothes. I also like comfy clothes... and dress up clothes aren't usually very comfy. I also have some fitting issues (which is why sweatpants and tees are so very nice).


So I've cast on the Sunrise Circle Jacket...again. I'm using Estelle Silk this time and starting with a front. I think the reason the last 3 attempts didn't work was that I started with the back and I just didn't like the way it was looking (too big for a fitted jacket). Kate Gilbert recommends if you have fitting concerns to start with a front, and that makes total sense. I can easily adjust the back. I have to say that I also like the fabric a lot better with the Estelle Silk. This does not mean that I don't love the Kathmandu Aran, as I do. I just don't think I was getting the right drape with it.

When it comes to dress up clothes and knitting and deadlines, it's always good to have a back up plan, right? Well, this IS the back up plan. I ordered a dress. I'm not sure how it's going to fit (I'm not overly optimistic... as it's not knit... and my bust line does not like non knit fabric) and I'm running out of time to find something else. So knitting a jacket makes total sense to me... as a back up plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.