Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ya, and my hair is falling out again

So my short attention span is back, and I'm having issues concentrating on projects again (two new things were played with/cast on yesterday). However, I'm determined to finish up my Surplice Lace Top (I want to wear it to the Iron Hill Twilight Critierium next weekend).

Surplice Lace Top
click to enlarge

I'm at the back neck shaping for the upper back section. That only leaves the lace secton for the back to finish (well, and that whole seaming/neckband thingy). I debated if I wanted to do this as per directions (in 7 pieces) or make the back one solid piece. I decided that since I had to do quite a bit of manipulation to the fronts (to compensate for my huge tracks of land), it would be easier to fix with the more pieces. The other thing I did was use a crochet cast on for the upper sections, so that will make seaming the top to bottom much easier (and I will do them as top/bottom, not front and back... that way I can actually try on the upper section before I add the bottom section).

I have to admit I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Cotton Fleece. It's mostly love, but there are days that I don't "get it" as a yarn. I loooove the colors. I love knitting with it, and I love the feel of it. However, I do think that it sort of has the disadvantages of cotton and wool with out really the benefits. The cotton causes it to stretch out of shape and thanks to the wool content, it's not machine washable/dryable (ya, ask me how I know that...). Then I put on my Rose Leaf Pullover, and the disadvantages are quickly forgotten.... or I look at that lovely colors of Cherry Moon and the Provincial Rose. Can't argue with that!!)

Okay, I'm inspired to finish this top up! Good thing it's a get away day, so lot's of day baseball games on today!

1 comment:

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.