Thursday, June 19, 2008

A new kind of block party


I've been working on my Learn To Knit Afghan blocks, and updated the page of the individual blocks. That's the first section done, and I'm about to start the mosiac section.

It's a good break from sweaters. I'm letting Mermaid hang for a bit to see if gravity helps lengthen it a bit. The one that I had tried on at Stitches had been tried on by a lot of people, and it had been on a hanger for a while... so I'm going to let gravity (and the steam from the shower) do the work for now. It's already looking better.

I also am sneaking in some other things here and there... and the Surplice Lace top front is almost done. I think the short row bust darts are going to work (fingers crossed). I'm going to do the sleeves next (and get them out of the way) then the upper back leaving the back lace panel for last... as it's the most fun to knit. Should give me a nice goal to work for.

Right now, I think I'll cast on the next afghan block.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:36 PM

    Ha ha!
    You are taking a break from sweaters, and I am off to get Barbara Walker's Knitting From the Top to make a circular top-down pullover! I am back in sweater mode!

    I do find the squares to be a fine 'recess period' from big projects.
    A few hours knitting and voila' you have completed something different,and perhaps learned a new technique too.

    Great blend of colors in the squares, cindy.

    I'd love to get 2 sets of those millefiore stitch markers whenever you make up some more.

    teresa_anawim

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.