Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Perfect Weather for a Wool Cardigan

Cindy Must Knit This Cardigan
click to enlarge

Don't even ask my why this got put aside, as I love knitting it. I'm sure I was distracted by an other project and during a "clean up" it got tossed into the closet. In the last two days I finished the second front and I'm halfway done with the first sleeve.

The pattern is my kind of knitting: simple to work and easy to memorize, yet it looks fab. The Black Water Abbey is not a smooth yarn, and I do get a little "rug burn" on my index finger if I work too long on it (actually, that might be why I took a break from it in the first place).

Just as an update on this project, I've done some changes to this pattern. First and most importantly, I've had to upsize it. The pattern is sized very small (and I understand from other's that even on gauge, the finished sweater runs smaller than the pattern states). I'm upsizing via gauge. I should have about a 43" to 44" finished sweater. I also changed the pattern set up so the diamond patterns start at a point rather than the widest part.

So it's rolling of my needles again and I hope to have both sleeves done over the next few days. I know that I won't be able to wear it anytime soon, but it'll be wonderful this coming fall. Beautiful cables in a beautiful yarn in my favorite shade of green. Let's just hope that the weather doesn't warm up so much that I can't bring myself to work on a wool sweater... at least until I get it done.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I really MUST finish MY Must Have Cardigan!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.