Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I guess I need to update

I'm feeling the pressure of trying to get things finished. Meaning I don't want to work on anything. Since I'm hoping to get Matt's Ike Cardigan done for Christmas and I want to finish Mermaid for me, I've been trying not to cast on anything new (Roam doesn't count... as that really is a swatch, and I won't concentrate on it until the start of the knitalong on Jan 1) or work on much else. I do have a few small projects I'm sneaking in here and there (a simple fisherman's rib scarf for me and a crochet biker beanie for Keith in the team's colors), but instead of working on what I'm supposed to be working on, I'm simply not knitting much.

I blame Bioshock. I've now played thru it 4 times, getting all the acheivements but the new one (Balls of Brass... playing thru it on hard without dying... or rather using the "checkpoint" system in the game that people thought made the game too easy... and ya, I'm thinking my balls are not of the brass kind, as I had a difficult time getting thru it on hard with the Vita-Chambers).

So I don't know... I need something to spark my interest in my knitting, and nothing is really doing that for me right now.

Thanks to everyone that left comments about Matt's handywork. The piece is just lovely and I almost hated filling it with books. Sam is still in it, but it's mostly just knitting books, stereo speakers and a few other odds and ends. The yarn bins are being stored in the cabinets underneath (as is the printer). Matt's been using the desk area for work, so it's nice to have spot for him when he's working from home (which is most days).

Of course, he's done working for the year again. He never seems to use up his vacation and they'll only roll over one week... and since he rolled over one week last year, he's got to use up his time or lose it before the end of the year. So he's home and is planning on attacking our downstairs powder room. Which desperately needs work.

Okay, I'm off to do some laundry and maybe look for something new to cast on just for some inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.