Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A quick update

I'm heading to Baltimore tomorrow for Stitches East, so I'm busy trying to get organized and finish up the laundry.

I've been working almost exclusively on the Newport Cardigan and only have the second sleeve and the front ribbing to do. Hard to get a decent picture of it. Plus I'm feeling lazy. Oh, and it's a very grey morning. So... you will have to wait for it to be done...

The sad thing about this cardigan is that the yarn I got was my second choice. I had my eye on some Classic Elite Montera for it in a great shade of fuschia. However, according to the pattern, I was going to be 100 yds short (they only had 5 skeins in stock). So I didn't get it. FYI: I would've been fine. With only the one sleeve left to do and the ribbing (which granted, is wide... 3-1/2" wide), I'm guessing I'm going to have 2 skeins of yarn left over. That's over 160 yds.

Saying that, I'm loving the RYC Soft Tweed. It's a nice light weight bulky yarn. Even Matt said "doesn't look as bulky knit up as is does in the skein". I would use it again in a heartbeat. It's a lovely yarn... so of course it's been discontinued.

So some laundry, a little sleeve knitting and a trip to the post office today. I probably won't be blogging again to Monday (but ya never know... as I am taking my laptop with me for the weekend. I might have some Stitches Bounty to share....).

At least it's going to be more fallesque for the weekend. The heat and humidy is letting up a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy,
    Marilyn and I look forward to seeing you at Stitches.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.