Friday, September 28, 2007

My Only Knitting Rule:

No Empty Needles!!!

... and right now I have two:


The needles from the Adara Chic and the frogged Tangled Yoke Cardigan (so that's a size 8 and a size 5).

So something's getting cast on today! It's a compulsion.

I looked at my projects this year, and I seem to be knitting more and more "simple" stuff. A lot of st. st, garter and ribbed projects. Apart from Matt drop dead gorgeous Son of ARAN, I haven't finished a cable project. Which is very odd for me. I have spent a lot of time on the Fall Back Cardigan this year... and I did start a Son of ARAN for me (in a stunning hot pink Cascade 220). I just seem to be knitting a lot of st. st. Which normally, I find boring.

Okay, and speaking of more stockinette stitch projects, the "swatch" for the Newport Cardigan is actually zipping along... as I've got about 7" done on the back... er, I mean swatch.

I've also been working on my Summer Braids Caridgan. The nice thing about this is that I don't have to measure to see how far to go. Each repeat is exactly 1" long, so I just count repeats... 4 more to go before sleeve shaping.

The good news is that it's supposed to be cooler over the weekend (no more hot and muggy September weather... hopefully) and I can get back to Matt's Sampler Cardigan!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you cast on! Because maybe it will be my next project too ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I counted 5 sweaters you are currently knitting in today's post. Amazing! I don't think I would sleep at night if I had all those projects in progress, but you do so well with multiple things going, and now I can't wait to see what else you add. Adara looks great. Stockinette might not be challenging, but it's great knitting for when you're tired. I'm doing that myself right now and enjoy it for its own sake.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.