Thursday, September 27, 2007

Adara Chic

The Adara Chic is done... as soon as I pick out a button.

Adara Chic
click to enlarge

It took over 24 hours to dry... considering the 90 degree weather and the high humidity... which I guess is expected... in JULY! it's hardly surprising. So let's do the important stuff:

Project Stats:
Pattern: Sitcom Chic
Yarn: Elann's Adara, color: waterfall
Problems with the pattern: it's a pretty straight forward pattern
Changes to the pattern: very minor. I didn't bind off for the underarm on either the body or the sleeves and grafted them closed. I did a crab stitch (reverse single crochet) edge instead of the knitted bands.
Overall Impressions: exactly what I expected. It's going to be a nice cardigan for me. I do know the Adara will grow with wear, and I planned on that when I knit this. I love how the marled yarn looks with simple st. st. patterns, and this fit the bill exactly. So I give it a thumbs up.

4 comments:

  1. YEAH! Congratulations -- one more toward your goal!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I may have to put it in my project queue. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very nice! I have yet to make a sitcom chic ... it looks like a sweater that I would actually wear *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I'm still chugging away on my *first* sitcom. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.