Tuesday, September 04, 2007

It's not even painful!

Somehow or an other, I accidently tripped over a pair of needles and some Adara yarn and ended up with this:

Adara Chic
click to enlarge

It's an other Sitcom Chic. While I love the comfort and feel of my first Sitcom Chic, it ended up too big. I wear it around the house, but I think it's too sloppy looking to wear out. So, let's try it again.

I'm using Elann's Adara (which I loved for my split V pullover) in Waterfall and I dropped down a size. I think when choosing a size for this, don't include any ease. I did my first one at the 44" finished (I have a 42" bust, and that's what I like my pullovers to be). However, since I'm Very full busted, with narrow shoulders, it hangs off me in an unflattering way. So I'm actually making the 40" finished. However, the 40" size is actually a little over 41" if I take the stitch count by the gauge. (Always worth checking when you do a pattern. It's so simple to do with a st. st. pattern... makes me wonder why it's not accurate in the pattern). One or two inches difference in a pattern is actually quite noticable. (btw: if I do the math for the 44" size, it's actually 44.5", I know, not much, but if I had done the math the first time, I wouldn't have chosen that size, as I know that 44.5" was going to be too large... I also begin to question all the other math in the pattern).

On to what else I've been working on over the weekend...
Oh, a little of this and a little of that. I'll be blocking the crochet lace shawl today. The pattern is written and just needs a proofread (and the final photos).

Lace Crochet Shawl
click to enlarge

I still have the other border to put on, but the first side is the hardest (as I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to do, so it was redone several times). I did add beads, but they're a soft pink and extremely subtle. They do add the weight that I wanted, and I'm very happy with it. We'll see how it blocks... but I don't think I've ever blocked something and been less happy with it. And I'm pretty happy with it right now.

Matt's Sampler Cardigan is only slightly progressing. I'm on the final section on the back... maybe an other 12 rows to go or so. Then I'm tackling the pockets. I want to block the fronts and the back, then add the front buttonbands. I'll do the sleeves last since I'm working them top down (less seaming).

So lot's to do... short attention span knitting is fun! Let's see if something else gets cast on today (no, no, must finish a project!!!!).

2 comments:

  1. I love the color of the new sitcom. The crochet shawl looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:51 PM

    I'm progressing on the back of my Sampler Cardigan - just finished pattern 4. I would LOVE to put pockets in mine too, but would want them to be side seam pockets. Have you ever done any on a knitted sweater? I also want to knit my sleeves top down, but have never done it with set in sleeves. I'll be hollering for help when I get there.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.