Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tasting Fall

I know that the cool weather we've had for the last few days will be going away, as it gets warmer, then hotter as the week goes. However, the past few days have been great for me to be inspired to work on some fallesque things.

I only got maybe two rows done on the Sailors Ribs and Ropes Cardigan (I'll get it done by the year 2018). I'm also still plugging away on Matt's Sampler Cardigan. However, when I cleaned up my stash room over the weekend, I accidently created a color combo of some afghan yarns that I couldn't stop thinking about:

T.C.B. Afghan
click to enlarge

The tan, cream and blue yarn were all bought seperately, for solid color afghans (meaning I have a total of 10 skeins each). I was putting all my afghan yarns into large storage bags, and these three ended up together, and I loved how they worked off each other. I had to try them together. I'm using a simple double crochet "teardrop" style pattern (I used it for this afghan, and yes, almost every photo of an afghan I've taken has Jake in it. He's a big fan of afghans).

This afghan is going to be HUGE! It's probably about 70" long (it's worked lengthwise... so you can use the ends as fringe, but I've discovered I don't like fringed afghans... so yes, I'll be weaving in all those ends and adding a border). The problem with afghans is that they're a lot of fun in the beginning, then they start to get rather large and become cumbersome to work on. Matt even suggested doing it in strips then seaming it (basically dividing the afghan into say, quarters). This does have a certain appeal, but it would throw off my color striping due to the way I have it set up. Something to consider for then next one (or that would've been a great idea for the Sampler Stripe afghan, that I haven't finished yet... since it's moved into that "cumbersome" catagory).

I'm ready for some sunshine, as this cold spell has been very rainy and very dreary. I'll even take the heat if it comes with some sunshine! Well, off to do some much needed housework!!! Hopefully, I'll still get some knitting in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.