Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sampler Cardigan Progress

Matt's Sampler Cardigan, back click to enlarge

Matt's cardigan is progressing very nicely. It's even further than that, thanks to the 10 minute reboot I had to do this morning. I really am happy with how this is turning out. The fabric is nice and dense and I'm getting great stitch definition. Plus it's almost a color... for Matt!

I also got a photo this morning of the Tangled Yoke Cardigan.


Tangled Yoke Cardigan
click to enlarge

I had to try to manipulate the color a bit, as the yarn was looking a little off (too blue) in my photo. I'm using KnitPicks Telemark and I'm liking the yarn (the color isn't very accurate on their website, either... it's just one of those colors that doesn't photo very well). The color is great. It's a green heather with a touch of yellow and blue. It does split quite a bit, but it's a nice "stiff" yarn.

I really need to start changing construction on these "knit in one piece" patterns, tho. I really don't like having 250 stitches on my needle. It makes me feel like I'm accomplishing more if I turn my work more often. I like the stability side seams give a sweater. I don't mind seaming. Right now I have 3 cardigans on the needles that are knit in one piece to the armholes and they all feel tedious to me. While Matt's cardigan is flying off the needles... since I'm knitting it flat.

However, I wanted to keep this pattern as close to the original as possible. The only change (other than yarn) that I plan on making is to add some short row bust darts. I'm making the 42" size, as I want it to fit me properly thru the shoulders and neck. However, that's not enough ease for my 42" bust line.

Off to get some more knitting done... and maybe some laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.