Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday Tidbits

Thanks to everyone that showed concern over my swift. Only a knitter would understand the impact of a broken swift.

However, here's the good news:

Swifty Goodness
click to enlarge

Ya, Jake may not be impressed (while he's stealing my knitting nest seat), but that is one bona fide fixed swift. My husband ROCKS!

So I actually didn't get much knitting done over the weekend. Saturday Matt and I went over to a friend's new townhouse to try help her unpack. Unpacking with someone is a lot different than packing. Packing is easy: you take it off the shelf, wrap it, and put it in a box. However, to unpack, the homeowner has to make all the decisions on where she wants stuff. It's still is a lot of work, and I think all three of us were exhausted (well, maybe not Matt, but I know Pat and I were beat) by the end of the day.

Sunday I met my friend Julie at Beadfest and we had a great time. Lot's of pretty things to look at! While I enjoy the beads... I must admit it's not like yarn. I brought home a few goodies (and we had a blast at one booth picking out what we wanted), I certainly didn't go overboard like I always do at Stitches.

So, let's see how projects are progressing:

Cutscene Socks
click to enlarge

Simple self striping socks (with an afterthought heel). I work on these while I'm playing video games. During cutscenes (which is why I don't like cutscenes that I have to advance... as even as much as I loved playing Sphynx and the Cursed Mummy, the cutscenes weren't knitting friendly). I'm using some Opal Cotton and I do like the way they're coming out. I'm just about to hit the waste yarn row on the second sock. Hmmm, maybe a pair of socks I can actually finish?

Just as a gaming aside. I don't have any of the next gen consoles. I think an Xbox 360 will be first on the list... for a couple of reasons (Bioshock and Halo 3 mainly), but I think the PS3 will be down the road (there is a new Ratchet and Clank coming out). I have absolutely no desire for a Wii. I'm very very wary of it, as I think it's only going to work well with self published titles (titles that aren't designed for the controller aren't working out too well, from what I hear). So, at this point, I don't see it being a priority for me.

Okay, back to knitting, Matt's Sampler Cardigan is progressing nicely:

Matt's Sampler Cardigan, back
click to enlarge

There is a reason I love this pattern. First, I love samplers and second, it's such a great short attention span knitting project. If I can keep focused (ya, I heard that derisive snort) I can get it done pretty quickly. Hey, I've hardly casted anything new on recently... oh, and maybe I'll have enough done on the Tangled Yoke Cardigan to show tomorrow (heehee... you KNOW I was going to have to cast that on). Bet ya can't guess what color I'm using!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:10 PM

    Glad to see the swift is back in action.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.