Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Rare Sunday Post

So I didn't go to any of the Tour de Christiana races this year. A combination of lack of sleep and really long days (Matt's time trial was at 9:00 this morning and the Cat 3 crit isn't until 4:00 this afternoon).

However, I feel a little guilty for not going, as I like to support him, and the Christiana crit is a great crit to watch. It's fast, hard and there's some really hard technical aspects of the course.

So, since I'm feeling guilty, I'm being productive on things around the house... well, not really. Let's say I'm being productive with my fiber projects? It's not like I'm doing housework or something.

I'm still plugging away on the first sleeve of the Rambling Shadows Jacket. I didn't make it deep enough the first time, so I frogged and restarted. However, garter stitch sleeves aren't as much fun as the mitered squares and it's feeling a bit tedious. Plus I've got the entire sweater on my lap... and the heat is kicking up again.

I've also been working a few other things... the crochet shawl is progressing nicely and I started playing with my border on the swatch.

I'm also to the armhole shaping on the Vest of Many Stitches. This is a weird project (I'll have an update photo tomorrow). Once I'm working on it, I get into the groove and it's quite fun, but picking it up and working on it is a bit of a challenge. I think it's not worth picking up unless I know I can get several rows done. It's not just a pick up and knit project... like st. st.... or garter st. sleeves!

Anyway I still expect to have the Rambling Shadows Jacket done early this coming week and that'll be my 12th finished project of 2007. So I'm thinking at this point I'm going to see how many I can get done this year...

We're at mid August, meaning there's three and a half months left. I think I can get at least 4 more projects done (I'm not counting the quick easy stuff... like the placemats or the beginner knitting pillow for class). Anyone else up for the challenge? See how many FO's we can get done by the end of the year???? Set your own goal (doesn't have to be project specific, just a number) and see how many we can get thru before Dec 31, 2007? If there's an enough interest, I'll start a KAL. Email me (cindy [at] knittingpark [dot] com) or leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.