Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Directions? I don't need no stinking directions!

So I've had my camera for several years. Have I ever bothered to learn how to use it? Read the manual? Done more than just point and click.

Uh. No.

So I learned that I can take movies with it (I found this out accidently at the Iron Hill Crit). I also figured out yesterday that I have a macro setting. For close ups. Meaning that I put some stitch markers up for sale in my Etsy shop (link in the side bar). I'll have more up today.

Meanwhile, I'm plugging away on the 12" pillow for the beginner knitting class. The front is done and I'm in garter stitch hell:

Box Stitch Pillow for Beginners
click to enlarge


I'm writting the pattern with out abbreviations, too. Thinking that will make it more beginner knitter friendly. The back is straight up garter and the front is basically stockinette stitch, but a little more interesting. It should be easy enough for a brand new knitter... and practical.

I did finish up the first sleeve on the Rambling Shadows Jacket (yay, more garter stitch) yesterday. I hope I can get the second sleeve at least picked up today. I'm ready to move on... and not on more garter stitch.

Jake's pouting due to no breakfast and he's off to get his teeth cleaned and a wart type thing removed from his head (that he keeps rubbing open). Then Matt and I are off to our dentist for a cleaning. Busy, fun day. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.