Saturday, March 31, 2007

Half Linen Finished!

click to enlarge

The Half Linen Cardigan is finished. A super quick and addictive project. Here's a close up:
click to enlarge


I had just enough yarn:
click to enlarge

Probably less than 2 yards left... I probably could've seamed it with that yarn, but I still think the lustersheen worked out better. Wool/mohair/silk might have been more annoying to sew with.

So let's do the project stats:
Pattern: Half Linen to Gold from the XRX publication Jackets for Work and Play
Yarn: Brooks Fiber Farm Riata (a heavy worsted weight hand dyed wool/mohair/silk yarn... can't say enough about how lovely this yarn is!)
Problems with the pattern: none that I found. Pretty straight forward
Changes to the pattern: the only change was doing a single crochet row, then a reverse single crochet row for the neck and front openings to save yarn.
Overall Impressions: I'm very happy with how this turned out. The pattern stitch was easy to do and works well with the subtle hand dyed yarn. The fiber content gives it a lovely drape. It is very cropped, only about 18" long, making more of a bolero than a cardigan, so I won't get as much use out of it as I would like. I would absolutely knit it again, but I'll buy 3 skeins of the Riata and lengthen the body 4" or so.

Sadly, I won't be wearing it anytime soon. It's also fairly warm. It's going to be nice in the colder months and I think I'll be looking (or making) a dress to go with it.

Okay, off to start finish something else!!!

6 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person - though probably not at MD. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:07 PM

    Beautiful- I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The color is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great!!!! I like the shape of it on the dressmaker form. (Does she have a name?)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.