Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Open For Business!

Yep, I spent yesterday morning finishing up a tote bag and decided to go ahead and get them up on Etsy. The rest of the day was designing my Etsy shop (then I decided I liked the way it looked, so did an update here as well..plus it was time to change out the fall theme).

I'm still not 100% sure about my pricing. I tried to figure in material cost and time, but the problem with crafting is that the time put into it rarely is reflective in the price. I'm also still working on getting decent photographs (as always).

As a matter of fact, Matt wore the Silver Creek Gansey to work on Monday (and yes, it looks great on him... me, not so much). A woman complimented him on his beautiful sweater "where did you get it?". When she found out I made it, she immediately asked "how much does she charge?". Matt's response "more than you're going to want to pay".

So two bags are up for sale, and I hope to add a bag or two every other day or so. I know that I'm always looking at the Time Machine for newly listed stuff when I shop Etsy (plus the occassional "knitting" or "yarn" search).

Right now I have "generic" bags up, but I'll be adding some themed fabric (specifically knitting themed) soon.

As far as actual knitting? Well, Matt's Because I Love You sweater is progressing nicely... the first sleeve has less than an inch to go! Woo-Hoo!

The crochet cardigan is stalled a bit. I did start an other crochet shrug from the same booklet, but I'm not sure it's me. I enjoy doing crochet, but I guess when I come right down to it, I struggle with how the projects end up looking. I love my Delicate Summer Jacket, so I think I just need to find the right crochet project.

So I guess I'll do some sewing this morning, then some knitting this afternoon... oh ya, and I still haven't vacuumed.

Keep On Knittin'!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:06 PM

    Great new theme! and congratulations on getting your store open.

    Crochet is one of those things can can look really right or really wrong on a person, with little in between. When it was popular last spring, some designs in the stores were really flattering, and others were tougher for women to wear. I hope you find a project you love soon.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.