Friday, December 08, 2006

Think Spring!

Since we had our first kiss of snow (barely... just some light flurries last night), let's think Spring while we continue with the Year in Review of Projects:

Yet an other favorite all time project:

This cardigan is about as perfect of a project that you can get. It was a lot of fun to knit. I used a yarn that is machine washable and dryable. I wear it a lot!. It's comfortable, it fits well and it's a great color. You just don't get much better than that. The Spring Forward Cardigan is in the Spring 2004 issue of Twists & Turns designed by Janet Szabo. There is a knitalong going on for this one (recently revitalized by Tori).

I do have a "Fall Back Cardigan" on the needles (a wool version... Cascade 220) on the needles. I'll be concentrating on it after the holiday season. One, because that's the plan on the Yahoo group and two, I'll be teaching this as a class at Olde Peddler Wools in the spring. I'm using a dark burgundy yarn and it's going to look very different than the pink spring forward.

This project is also the epitome of my attitude about yarn. I don't judge yarns by the name brand. While part of me is a yarn snob, I don't judge the yarn based on who sells the yarn or what the brand name is. I judge it based on how well it knits, how it holds up and how the final project turns out. I've spent good money on crappy yarn, yet this inexpensive, "cheap" yarn is one of my all time favorites. I wouldn't hesitate to use TLC Cotton Plus again. So I'm stock piling it. It's a nice cotton/acrylic blend yarn that's been very durable with fabulous stitch definition. Next to skin soft with an interesting color range. It's great for baby/kids things... so why not for me!!!

So back to the Lopi sweater today. I'm really really hoping to have it done by the end of next week!

Keep On Knittin'!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:10 PM

    Ooh, how awsome. I love the patterning. Great job and fit and the color is really pretty. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto.

    I'm in love with cables at the moment, so of course I love your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me... --Syl

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.