Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tuesday

Well, if you think today's title is snazzy, just wait...

I'm playing Okami. I love this game. It's up there with Psychonauts for enjoyment. Actually there's a lot of similarities. Not with the humor (Psychonauts wins hands down in that department) but the same combination of platforming/puzzle solving with some battles. Both have rich engrossing stories. They are both just beautiful to watch (even if they do have very different art styles). It makes me wonder about sales, tho. From activity on the message boards and press around Okami, I'm thinking this one is doing very well in sales, yet Psychonauts didn't do as well. (oh and if you still haven't played Psychonauts, it's now available to download thru Steam! You don't even have to leave the house to get it! Plus it's only $19.95! So you don't even need a console game system to play it! Okay, I admit it. I have a thing for Tim Schafer. If he wasn't married. Or I wasn't married. Or if we didn't live on different ends of the country, I would so be stalking him).

So anyway, I played practically all day yesterday. Do you think that's healthy? I mean, if it was a good book that would be alright, right? Tell me the difference.

As far as knitting goes... well... I did start a Christmas project on Sunday. I'm not quite at the halfway point (yes, it's obviously a fast and easy Christmas project) and no I can't tell you what it is or show photographs.

The second sleeve on the angora sweater still isn't done. Ya, maybe that's what I'll try to do today. Or play Okami. Something like that.

Response to yesterday's comments:
Jake says to thank everyone. He also wants you to know that he's very aware of his sad little puppy dog looks and knows how to use them to his advantage.

Kristen: I'm willing to bet that you were using "Rescue Remedy" which is bach flower essence. Our vet recommended it to us for Jake and we're trying it. At this point I'm thinking it might just be easier for me to use it....

Debby: the vet thought that between the Rescue Remedy and the opium based pain killer, he would calm down... we're adding warm blankets, lots of head scratching and belly rubbing. He just won't "relax". I'm thinking the next step is yoga... he's got the downward dog pose just perfect... next I want to teach him child pose.

Well off to play knit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.